I like Coffeescript
Why I’m using it:
- I enjoy and come from a Ruby background.
- I maintain and code usually alone.
- It’s easy to read
- It’s opinionated in the right ways:
- Indentation over parentheses
- String interpolation
- Looping through arrays.
Despite how much I love it, it’s probably not for you though:
Depending on your programming bucket:
Depending on your work environment:
- Working alone – You’ll probably like it.
- Working with others – You’ll probably hate it because everyone else is writing in JS.
So only 2 out of 6 options above makes CoffeeScript useful.
- There are some great examples from CoffeeScript’s homepage.